Text : EUNICE NG
Much has been said about the tremendous price appreciation in Desa ParkCity. Creating an anomaly in which others have come to follow, its price benchmark has hit the roof. Its recently completed residential precinct Northshore Gardens too walked the same runway of success.
A recent sub-sale transaction after the completion of the 40-story condominium tower recorded a 75% appreciation at RM830 per sq ft for one of the units. Initially, the units were marketed at RM475 per sq ft at its priority sales in January 2008.
Susan Tan, Director of Sales and Marketing of Perdana ParkCity Sdn Bhd says, the balance units were released at an increased price of RM550 per sq ft after successfully achieving 65% sale from the initial release of 130 units. Some units transacted prior to the completion of the project hovered around RM650 per sq ft to RM700 per sq ft.
“Some Korean investors subsequently took up 90 units and had hit 80% sales out of the total 270 units by end of 2008.”
“The Northshore Gardens was conceived as an investment grade condominium capable of generating substantial yields for the owners.”
Offering an address with a difference, Northshore Gardens lie amidst a wonderful and pristine setting as one of the 25 neighborhoods within Desa ParkCity.
“It has all the strengths and qualities to attract expatriate tenants given its level of quality finishes and the varied facilities and amenities provided.”
“Its neighborhoods are human-scaled, first-of-its-kind homes with ample facilities and amenities for social gathering of its residents and visitors.”
Within this three-acre Northshore Gardens, residents are served with modern facilities of a garden court, lawn, pavilion, cabanas, recreation deck and thematic pool, among others, befitting the charms of modern day living.
“The Northshore Gardens is located just next to The Waterfront for shopping and dining convenience and The Central Park, which is well endowed with lush parks, open spaces and a picturesque lake.”
Built upon the foundation of New Urbanism principles, Desa ParkCity thrives as a modern township with a balance between the environment and the homes. You will not miss its 33-acre Central Park surrounded by 9ft-wide walkway connecting the entire township.
Other amenities within the mature township are already intact with a sports center that boasts a FIFA-sized soccer field and two floodlit basketball courts; an international school which will commence September this year and a secondary school. The Sime Darby Medical Centre with construction underway is scheduled to complete in 2013.
Located at Kuala Lumpur west, this former 473-acre quarry site is flanked by excellent accessibility feeding off the Damansara-Puchong Expressway, North Klang Valley, Middle Ring Road 2 and the Penchala Link.
Offering another variety is sister condominium The Westside One. Launched in June 2010, it is selling at an average price of RM600 per sq ft and has now achieved more than 80% sales. Scheduled to complete by June 2013, the foundation and footing works have completed and building construction is currently underway.
The Northshore Gardens
- 40-story 274-unit condominium
- Gross Development Value – approximately RM248mil
- Freehold – 3 acres
- Built-up: standard units from 904sf to 2,454sf; penthouse units from 6,652sf to 6,663sf
- 1+1 rooms to 4+1 rooms; Up to 6 bathrooms
- 1 – 2 car parking bays
- Facilities, guard house, garden court, lawn, pavilion, cabanas, water features, floating gym, outdoor fitness area, Jacuzzi, thematic-pool, pool deck, recreation deck, kid’s pool and playground, barbeque area, multi-purpose hall, garden party lawn and landscaped garden
- Completion date – Jan 2011
The Westside One
- 338-unit condominium
- Gross Development Value – approximately RM320mil
- Freehold – 4.23 acres
- 9 types, built-up from 969sf to 2,066sf
- Bedrooms – from 1 room + 1 study to 3 rooms + utility
- Bathrooms – 1 to 4
- 1 – 2 car parking bays
- Comes with built-in kitchen cabinets, cooker hob and hood, home alarm system, SMATV system
- Facilities, Swimming pool, wading pool, Jacuzzi, children’s playground, tennis courts, pavilion, roof top garden
- Estimated completion date – June 2013
Facilities in Desa ParkCity
- 33-acre Central Park with 9’ walkways and lakeside paths
- RM60mil ParkCity Club
- Sports center with a FIFA sized football field and 2 floodlit basketball courts
- The Waterfront neighborhood convenience mall
- Children’s playground
- International school
- Under construction – Sime Darby Medical Centre
- Damansara-Puchong Expressway, North Klang Valley Expressway, Middle Ring Road 2, Penchala Link, Jalan Kuching, Segambut Dalam