In Bhutan you can. Known as the Gross National Happiness, it is the GDP of Happiness as measured by the little country of Bhutan in the Himalayas. Created by its fourth king Jigme Singye Wangchuck in the 1970s, it is the barometer to the country’s wellbeing, like the GDP as measured by every country in the world.
- Psychological Well-Being
- Standard of Living and Happiness
- Good Governance and Gross National Happiness
- Community Vitality
- Cultural Diversity and Resilience
- Time Use and Happiness
- Ecological Diversity and Resilience
- Land area: 38,394km2
- Population: 733,643 people (July 2014 est by www.cia.gov)
- Capital: Thimphu
- Location: South Asia between China and India
- Natural Resources: Timber, hydropower, gypsum, calcium carbonate.
- Forests cover 70% of the country.
- Opens up to democracy in 2008.
- Current Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay is a Harvard graduate.